Thursday, July 29, 2010

Forward march.

All my life, I was moving forward. I filled my life with pets and activities, and always looked forward. Forward, forward, forward. I was always moving on to the next "thing," never taking time to be...still. Then, my life hit a curtain. Not a wall, so much. That would imply impact, and I didn't feel a sudden crash as the dummy driving my life's car hit brick. No, my life hit a curtain. And flail as I might, I couldn't seem to move forward. I recently went through the difficult phase in one's life when everyone else is getting married. Emphasis on *everyone else*. Then, in a blur-my head is still spinning-everything happened at once. I got engaged, got married, bought a house, and became legal guardian of my 14 year-old brother-in-law...all in a span of 6 months. I am ready for things to slow down.

1 comment:

  1. Curtains are so much better than walls, you just have to pull them back to see the light. -J

    ReplyDelete